Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Canadian Transportation Agency for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission-granting process, PWGSC helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please go to PWGSC's "Applying for Copyright Clearance on Government of Canada Works" page.
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction of this site, please contact:
Client Satisfaction Surveys
Parties to complaints and other cases may be asked to participate in a survey as part of the Agency's ongoing efforts to improve its service delivery. Participation in surveys is voluntary. Responses will be kept confidential and will be reviewed by an independent third party, not the Agency. Any information provided during the survey process will remain protected and will not be used for any other purpose.
- We do not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, telephone number, e-mail or street address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it voluntary, usually by sending us an e-mail or completing an electronic form.
- Any personal information created, held or collected by the Agency is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- The Agency employs software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected to our Web site and the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Agency occasionally uses "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency. In addition, cookies are used by the Agency to facilitate your transactions. Whenever we enable cookies to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. In both instances, the system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them, and the refusal of cookies will not affect the site performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- The personal information that you provide will normally only be used by our employees, for example to respond to your request. Your information will only be shared with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. If your information may be shared outside the federal government, it will be indicated at the point of collection.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in the Agency may be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator by e-mail at Patrice.Bellerose@otc-cta.gc.ca, by calling 819-994-2564 or 1‑888‑222-2592 or TTY 1‑800‑669-5575. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-282-1376 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca/.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) are provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-GoC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Canadian Transportation Agency links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
The Canadian Transportation Agency respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site is available in both English and French. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Disclaimer: If a discrepancy exists between the version of a ruling on the CTA Web site and the official version, the official version prevails.
If an official copy of a ruling is required please contact the Agency.
Air Carrier Licence Search
Disclaimer: The Agency offers no guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the information or data supplied by the Air Carrier Licence Search application.