1. Date of Agreement
- Legal Title:
- Agreement between the Government of Canada and the Government of Hong Kong concerning Air Services
- June 24, 1988
- In force
2. Other Instruments
- April 8, 1988
- Designation of Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.
- May 24, 1988
- Diplomatic Note (transit visas).
- June 24, 1988
- Confidential MOU (routes, designation, change of aircraft, on-line connecting and in transit traffic, ground handling, taxation and applicability to charters).
- March 17, 1995
- Agreed Minute (carriage of 5th freedom traffic between Hong Kong and Bangkok designation of Air Canada on Route 1)
- September 29, 1995
- Designation of Air Canada on Route 1 of Section II of the Annex to the CMU.
- December 20, 1996
- Exchange of Notes on Avoidance of Double Taxation (May 23 and December 19, 1996) which entered into force on December 20, 1996.
- August 3, 1999
- Diplomatic Note: Hong Kong selects Calgary and Montreal as code-share points in Canada.
- March 9, 2000
- Agreed Minute (replacement of Canadian airlines by Air Canada and confidential route schedule).
- December 5, 2002
- Agreed Minute (replacement of code-share provisions of the March 17, 1995 Agreed Minute with a Confidential Annex on code-sharing)
3. Characterization of Bilateral Agreement
- A. Grant of Rights:
- As specified in the Annex.
- B. Designation:
- Multiple, Air Canada and Cathay Pacific.
- C. Tariffs:
- Single disapproval.
- D. Capacity:
4 Routes and Associated Rights
The routes and associated rights agreed on March 9, 2000 and December 5, 2002 are confidential.
- Date modified: