Regulatory Modernization Initiative
The Agency is seeking to update the regulations it administers and various guidance material and tools to ensure that they keep pace with changes in business models, user expectations and best practices in the regulatory field. Over the coming months, the Agency will be consulting on how to advance these key goals:
- Ensuring that industry’s obligations are clear, predictable, and relevant to a range of existing and emerging business practices.
- Ensuring that the demands associated with compliance are only as high as necessary to achieve the regulations’ purposes.
- Facilitating the efficient and effective identification and correction of instances of non-compliance.
The Agency plans to complete consultations and draft modernized regulations by the end of 2017, and implement the regulations in 2018.
- Phase 1 – Accessible transportation consultation is now underway.
- Phase 2 – Air transportation consultation is now underway.
- December 19: Phase 2 – Air transportation consultation is now underway.
- December 19: Discussion Paper On Regulatory Modernization For Air Transportation
- June 6: Accessible Transportation Discussion Paper is launched.
- June 20: Accessibility Advisory Committee meeting.
- Date modified: