Order No. 1988-R-1237
December 29, 1988
IN THE MATTER OF the crossing of an extension of Main Street across the right of way and track of the Canadian National Railway Company (hereinafter the Railway Company), at mileage 29.46 Rhein Subdivision, in the Village of Wroxton, in the Province of Saskatchewan.
File No. 33520
WHEREAS for several years there has been a crossing at grade across the right of way and track of the Railway Company at the said location;
WHEREAS the said crossing, having been opened for use by the public for several years, has become de facto a highway crossing; and
WHEREAS in order to comply with the regulations of the Agency respecting highway crossings, certain improvements to the said crossing are required.
UPON reading the submissions filed,
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The said crossing is declared to be a highway crossing.
- The said crossing shall be reconstructed in accordance with the requirements of the Agency respecting highway crossings.
- The cost of reconstructing the said crossing shall be borne by the Village of Wroxton.
- The said crossing shall be maintained in compliance with the requirements of the Agency respecting highway crossings.
- The Railway Company shall maintain the crossing and the Village of Wroxton shall make a contribution to maintenance of $229.50 for the fiscal year April 1, 1988 to March 31, 1989.
- The said contribution to maintenance shall be adjusted on April 1st of each year by adding or subtracting an amount calculated by applying the Province of Saskatchewan Revenue Sharing Index.