Order No. 1988-R-1258
December 30, 1988
IN THE MATTER OF the application of the Department of Transportation and Utilities for the Province of Alberta for an Order respecting the installation of protective devices at the crossing of the railway of Canadian Pacific Limited (hereinafter the Railway Company), at mileage 23.06 Leduc Subdivision, and Milton Road north of Section 9, Township 41, Range 26, West of the Fourth Meridian in the Province of Alberta.
File No. 27811.458
UPON reading the submissions filed,
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- Within six months from the date of this Order, the Railway Company shall install and thereafter maintain flashing light signals and bell with constant warning time devices at the said crossing.
- The said protective devices shall be installed in compliance with the requirements of the Highway Crossings Protective Devices Regulations General Order No. E-6, C.R.C. 1978, c. 1183.
- Eighty per cent of the cost of installation of the said protective devices or the sum of $ 61,520., whichever is the lesser, shall be paid out of the moneys appropriated by Parliament for the purposes of the Railway Relocation and Crossing Act, S.C. 1974, c. 12; twelve and one half per cent of the said cost shall be paid by the County of Lacombe No. 14 and the balance of the said cost shall be paid by the Railway Company.
- The Railway Company is directed to prepare all accounts using rates not in excess of those stipulated in Schedule "A" entitled Directives, attached to Railway Transport Committee Order No. R-40634 dated May 8, 1987, or its replacement, for all construction and maintenance work carried out by the Railway Company under this Order.
- Fifty per cent of the cost of maintenance and operation of the said protective devices shall be paid by the County of Lacombe No. 14 and fifty per cent of the said cost shall be paid by the Railway Company.