Order No. 1990-R-693
November 29, 1990
IN THE MATTER OF an application by Reid Crowther & Partners Ltd, on behalf of the Town of Slave Lake, (hereinafter the applicant) pursuant to section 202 and all other relevant sections of the Railway Act, R.S.C., 1985, c. R-3 for authority to reconstruct the "highway" by widening Main Street where it crosses at grade the track of the Canadian National Railway Company (hereinafter the railway company), at mileage 162.50 Slave Lake Subdivision, in the Town of Slave Lake, in the Province of Alberta, as shown on Drawing No. 41093-001-SK4 revised August 10, 1990 (hereinafter the Plan), on file with the National Transportation Agency (hereinafter the Agency).
File No. R 8050/729-162.50
WHEREAS the Agency has reviewed the submissions filed.
NOW THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The applicant and the railway company are authorized to carry out the work as shown on the Plan.
- The work shall be carried out and maintained in compliance with the requirements of the Agency respecting highway crossings.
- The cost of widening the crossing and fifty per cent of the cost of upgrading the crossing surface to concrete shall be paid by the railway company and the balance of the cost of upgrading the crossing surface shall be paid by the applicant.
- The cost of maintaining the crossing shall be paid by the railway company.
- The cost of reconstructing and maintaining the highway approaches of the crossing shall be paid by the applicant.
- The railway company shall prepare all accounts using rates not in excess of those stipulated in Schedule "A" entitled Directives, attached to Agency Order No. 1990-R-60 dated February 13, 1990, or its replacement, for all construction and maintenance work carried out by the railway company under this Order.