Order No. 1993-R-152
May 14, 1993
IN THE MATTER OF an application by Walker Consulting Group Ltd., on behalf of the Town of Slave Lake, (hereinafter the applicant) pursuant to section 202 and all other relevant sections of the Railway Act, R.S.C., 1985, c. R-3 for authority to reconstruct the "highway", namely 4th Street South-East, where it crosses at grade the right-of-way and track of the Canadian National Railway Company (hereinafter the railway company), at mileage 162.08 Slave Lake Subdivision, in the North-West Quarter of Section 31, Township 72, Range 5, west of the Fifth Meridian, in the town of Slave Lake, in the province of Alberta, as shown on Plan No. 5836S01 revised February 5, 1993 (hereinafter the Plan), on file with the National Transportation Agency (hereinafter the Agency).
File No. R 8050/729-162.08
WHEREAS the Agency has performed an environmental screening of the proposal pursuant to section 10 of the Environmental Assessment and Review Process Guidelines Order, SOR/84-467 (hereinafter the EARP Guidelines Order);
AND WHEREAS the Agency has determined, pursuant to paragraph 12(c) of the EARP Guidelines Order, that the potentially adverse environmental effects that may be caused by the proposal are insignificant;
AND WHEREAS the Agency has reviewed the submissions filed and takes note of the agreement of the parties.
NOW THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The applicant is authorized to carry out the work as shown on the Plan.
- The work shall be carried out and maintained in compliance with the requirements of the Agency respecting highway crossings.
- The work shall be carried out and maintained in accordance with sound environmental practice.
- The cost of reconstructing the crossing and highway approaches to the crossing shall be paid by Richwood Developments Ltd. of the city of St. Albert, Alberta.
- The cost of maintaining the crossing and the highway approaches to the crossing shall be paid by the Town of Slave Lake.
- Drainage and culvert design plans shall be submitted to and approved by an Engineer of the Agency before construction is commenced.
- The railway company shall prepare all accounts using rates not in excess of those stipulated in Schedule "A" entitled Directives, attached to Agency Order No. 1993-R-29 dated February 1, 1993, or its replacement, for any construction and maintenance work carried out by the railway company pursuant to this Order.