Order No. 2000-R-71
With Decision No. 133-R-2000
February 29, 2000
IN THE MATTER OF a complaint by Wellington Ykema pursuant to section 212 of the Railway Act, R.S.C., 1985, c. R-3, regarding drainage at mileage 190.6 of CSX Transportation Inc. (formerly Consolidated Rail Corporation) Montréal Branch, near the Town of Huntingdon, in the province of Quebec.
File No. R8080/904
The Canadian Transportation Agency (hereinafter the Agency) has reviewed the submissions filed and in accordance with the Decision attached hereto, hereby orders the following:
- CSX Transportation Inc. (hereinafter CSX) shall re-establish efficient drainage by reprofiling ditches on both sides of the railway toward Branch 17 of the Beaver Creek.
- More precisely, the drainage work shall include the restoration of the longitudinal profiles of ditches to match the theoretical profiles shown on sheets No. 1 attached to Consolidated Rail Corporation's letter of February 2, 1999.
- Any collapsed culverts under private crossings located within the limits of this drainage work shall be changed as well.
- The drainage work shall start south of private crossing at mileage 190.4 and end at Branch 17 of the Beaver Creek at mileage 191.0.
- CSX shall perform the drainage work at its cost and complete it no later than May 15, 2000.