Decision No. 40-A-2017
Air Canada, on behalf of itself and Turkish Airlines, has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for an approval to permit Air Canada to provide its scheduled international service between Canada and Bangladesh by selling transportation in its own name on flights operated by Turkish Airlines between Turkey and Bangladesh, for such period as may be authorized by the Agency.
Air Canada is licensed to operate, through code sharing, a scheduled international service, large aircraft, in accordance with the Arrangement between the Government of Canada and the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh set out in an Agreed Minute signed on August 20, 2013.
The Agency has considered the application and the material in support and is satisfied that it meets the requirements of section 8.2 of the ATR.
Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to paragraph 60(1)(b) of the CTA and section 8.2 of the ATR, approves the use by Air Canada of aircraft with flight crew provided by Turkish Airlines, and the provision by Turkish Airlines of such aircraft and flight crew to Air Canada, to permit Air Canada to provide its scheduled international service on licensed routes between Canada and Bangladesh by selling transportation in its own name on flights operated by Turkish Airlines between Turkey and Bangladesh, for an indefinite period beginning on February 21, 2017.
This approval is subject to the following conditions:
- Air Canada shall continue to hold the valid licence authority.
- Air Canada shall apply its published tariffs, in effect, to the carriage of its traffic. Nothing in any commercial agreement between the air carriers relating to limits of liability shall diminish the rights of passengers as stated in such tariffs.
- The air service approved shall only be provided as long as a code-sharing agreement providing for such service remains in effect.
- Air Canada and Turkish Airlines shall continue to comply with the insurance requirements set out in subsections 8.2(4), 8.2(5) and 8.2(6) of the ATR.
- Air Canada shall continue to comply with the public disclosure requirements set out in section 8.5 of the ATR.
- Air Canada and Turkish Airlines shall provide the Agency with a copy of any new agreement or amendments to their code-sharing agreement, including any new or amended annex, without delay.
- This approval does not apply to the carriage of cargo.