Determination No. A-2019-84
APPLICATION by Compagnie Nationale Royal Air Maroc also carrying on business as Royal Air Maroc and R.A.M. (RAM), on behalf of itself and Qatar Airways Group (Q.C.S.C.) also carrying on business as Qatar Airways and as Qatar Airways Cargo (Qatar Airways), pursuant to section 60 of the Canada Transportation Act, S.C., 1996, c. 10, as amended (CTA), and section 8.2 of the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, as amended (ATR).
RAM, on behalf of itself and Qatar Airways, has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for an approval to permit RAM to provide its scheduled international service between Canada and Morocco using aircraft with flight crew provided by Qatar Airways, from June 21, 2019 to September 15, 2019.
RAM is licensed to operate a scheduled international service in accordance with the Air Transport Agreement between the Government of Canada and the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco signed on February 14, 1975.
The Agency has considered the application and the material in support and is satisfied that it meets the remaining requirements of section 8.2 of the ATR.
Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to paragraph 60(1)(b) of the CTA and section 8.2 of the ATR, approves the use by RAM of aircraft with flight crew provided by Qatar Airways, and the provision by Qatar Airways of such aircraft and flight crew to RAM, to permit RAM to provide its scheduled international service on licensed routes between Canada and Morocco using aircraft and flight crew provided by Qatar Airways, from June 21, 2019 to September 15, 2019.
This approval is subject to the following conditions:
- RAM shall continue to hold the valid licence authority.
- Commercial control of the flights shall be maintained by RAM. Qatar Airways shall maintain operational control of the flights and shall receive payment based on the rental of aircraft and crew and not on the basis of the volume of traffic carried or other revenue-sharing formula.
- RAM and Qatar Airways shall continue to comply with the insurance requirements set out in subsections 8.2(4), 8.2(5) and 8.2(6) of the ATR.
- RAM shall continue to comply with the public disclosure requirements set out in section 8.5 of the ATR.
- RAM and Qatar Airways shall advise the Agency in advance of any changes to the information provided in support of the application.