Licences and charter permits
The Agency is the aeronautical authority for Canada that issues licences to operate publicly available air services. The Agency issues licences to operate domestic air services to Canadian applicants. It also issues licences to operate scheduled and non-scheduled international services to and from Canada.
Air carrier licence search
Search the Agency's database of air licences.
More information on:
- Application process for canadian ownership determinations for air transportation
- Air licencing requirements for resellers
- Exemptions to section 59 of the Act (obligation to hold an Agency licence)
- Financial requirements for Canadian air carrier licence applicants
- Canada's policy on wet leases
- Liability insurance requirements for wet-leasing, block space and code-sharing arrangements
- Extra-bilateral air service applications
- Licence requirements for fractional ownership
- Approval of fifth and seventh freedom charter flights for foreign carriers
- Guide to canadian ownership and control in fact for air transportation
- Criteria to determine what constitutes an air service
- Air licensing (FAQ)
Application forms and guides
Having trouble downloading a form?
If you are having trouble downloading a PDF or .docx form, you can “right-click” on the link and select “Save link as…” or “Save target as…”
|Forms||How to apply|
|Air licence (Canadian applicant)|
|Air licence (non-Canadian applicant)|
|Code-Share and Blocked-Space Approval|