Commercial Air Transport Agreement between the Government of Canada and the Government of the Argentine Republic
1. Date of Agreement
- Legal Title:
- Commercial Air Transport Agreement between the Government of Canada and the Government of the Argentine Republic
- May 8, 1979
- Applied provisionally
- February 6, 1987
- Entered into force
2. Other Instruments
- May 8, 1979
- Confidential Exchange of Notes (airline commercial agreement, ground handling)
- April 6, 1987 and October 29, 1979
- Diplomatic Note (Ratification)
- February 26, 1988
- Agreed Minute (amendments modernizing the text of the 1979 Agreement).
- April 16, 1991
- Exchange of Notes (designation of "Aerolineas Argentinas Sociedad Anonima".)
- May 8, 1992
- Confidential MOU - New Schedule of Routes, initialled ad referendum.
- December 9, 1993
- Exchange of Notes (extension to route schedules from December 10 to March 5, 1994, and March 6, 1994 to April 23, 1994 to operate Buenos Aires-Toronto service through New York via a second intermediate point).
- August 28, 1996
- Confidential Agreed Minute and Exchange of Notes (ad referendum) (Revised Route Schedule, new capacity and tariff provisions)
3. Characterization of Bilateral Agreement
- A. Grant of Rights:
- All except as otherwise specified in the Annex.
- B. Designation:
- Single, Air Canada and Aerolineas Argentineas.
- C. Tariffs:
- Single disapproval.
- D. Capacity:
4. Routes and Associated Rights
The routes and associated rights have been agreed ad referendum and are attached to the confidential agreed minute of August 28, 1996.