Public Consultation on Requests for Temporary Adjustments to the Air Passenger Protection Regulations
On December 11, 2020, the Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) launched a consultation to hear from members of the public, consumer advocates and other interested stakeholders on requests by airlines for temporary adjustments to certain obligations under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations (APPR).
The CTA will decide whether to grant the requests, using the CTA's powers under section 80 of the Canada Transportation Act. Temporary adjustments may be allowed if the CTA finds it unnecessary, undesirable or impractical for certain APPR requirements to apply for a particular period of time.
The CTA is now giving stakeholders and the public an opportunity to review the requests and share their views on whether one or more of the criteria for temporary adjustments are met.
The CTA's Consultation Paper includes more detailed information on:
- APPR requirements;
- the requested adjustments;
- the process the CTA is following;
- the consultation; and
- the input the CTA would like to receive.
How to submit input
Written submissions should be sent to Consultations-aeriennes.Air-Consultations@otc-cta.gc.ca by January 29, 2021.
If your input contains information you believe should be treated as confidential, you must give us two copies of it, as follows:
- One copy (the public version) from which the confidential information has been blacked out.
- One copy (the confidential version) in which:
- each page is marked “contains confidential information” at the top; and
- you highlight or otherwise identify on each page the confidential information that was blacked out in the first copy.
We will post the public version of your submission on our website. However, all input we receive is subject to the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act. We will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with these Acts, but those Acts can require us to release information if someone requests it, with some exceptions.
Please note that all submissions will be posted in the official language in which they were received.
Once the consultation has closed, the CTA will consider all the information submitted – including in this public consultation – and make its final determination as soon as possible. The determination will be published on the CTA's website.
- Determination No. A-2021-54 - April 16, 2021
- Written submissions
- Consultation paper on requested temporary adjustments to the Air Passenger Protection Regulations
- News release : CTA Holds Public Consultation on Requests for Temporary Adjustments to the Requirements of the Air Passenger Protection Regulations
We are analyzing the input